As someone who loves photography you are probably on a search for special times that you can capture using your skills. You don’t want to stick to posed pictures you want to have the chance to capture things that are new and different. You want to use your photography to capture moments that one would not always capture. You want to test yourself and push yourself by capturing moments that are not perfect.
Here you will find five ideas that will help you as you seek to do something new and different with your photography. Grab your camera, there are great ideas out there for you when you are looking to capture something new and different.
Five Times to Put Your Photography Skills to Use
1. Choose to capture a playtime between your child and his/her friends. If you are looking for a way to test your skills and to push yourself this is a great option. Children are always on the go, and you don’t want to mess with that. Without bothering the children who are playing or asking them to pose step in and capture random candid moments. These pictures will be great ones to bring out in years to come.
2. Capture pictures of home improvement projects that are being completed in your home. If you have carpenters in the home adding a new railing to your staircase you want to use your photography to capture what they are doing. If you and your family are changing your water softeners you can capture that project, too.
3. Visit a senior citizen home and capture candid photos throughout the place – with permission, of course. Allow the family members of the individuals in the pictures to print the pictures that they like to keep and cherish.
4. Choose to capture housework as it is being completed. If your son is out raking the leaves get outside and capture pictures. This is something that you will want to remember in the future. If your child is working on the dishes you can capture photos of that, too. Consider taking before and after photos when your child is cleaning their bedroom – this might even be motivation to get them to clean.
5. Capture photos of bedtime with your children. Don’t wake the children, simply snap photos in the dim light when they are asleep. This will truly put your skills to the test as you try to capture great pictures without a lot of light. Turn on the nightlight and sneak into the bedroom to capture pictures that you are going to hold onto for a long time. You will not be able to get these pictures after the children are grown, you need to capture them now.
You can use your photography in a variety of ways, and you can put your skills to use each day. The key is to stay creative and keep your mind open when it comes to new opportunities and ideas. Be willing to think outside the box as you use your photography skills.